The last swap was a lot of fun and included 18 states and Canada! I’ve been asked by many to host another … so here it is, I-Spy Fabric Swap 2.0!
Join the I-Spy Fabric Swap flickr group and see what other’s are making with their squares!
- Mail 200 squares to me by July 31st. Get 200 squares back, all different, by August 20th.
Nuts & Bolts:
- The first 30 40 people to comment are in.
- Purchase 10 different I-Spy fabrics (100% cotton, “fussy cut”, juvenile & novelty prints)
- Pre-wash fabric
- Cut 20 (twenty) 4 inch squares out of each of the 10 different fabrics for a total of 200 squares.
- If possible, please group your squares into “charm packs” of 10 – one of each fabric.
- Please include $4 for return postage (for international postage, lets talk first)
- Mail squares to me by July 31st. Live outside the U.S.? Please mail your fabrics a little earlier.
- You will receive 200 different 4 inch novelty squares back. Packages will be sent by August 20th.
In order to make friends and share creative blog love,
I will post the list of swap participants and their blog links (unless you request otherwise)
- Fussy Cutting – When cutting the squares, it is important to make sure you can see the objects clearly in each square (3.5 inch finished size). Try centering each design in its square. The images don’t necessarily have to be perfectly lined up or exactly right side up, as long as you can see them. There could be more than 1 item in the square – for instance I have a cute fabric with fish, but I will make sure at least one fish is fully viewable within the square.
- Try hard to search for unusual prints. Fabric not available at chain stores will help avoid duplicates. And check out the novelty fabric sections for fabric with objects on it, not just prints – if you love it, other swappers will love it too!
- Please stay away from “licensed” or “team” prints: No Disney, Sponge Bob, John Deere, Green Bay Packers, etc.
And we’re all filled up … see who signed up!